IQA is fully accredited through the AdvancedED of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Schools that are accredited by AdvancEd must do the following:
- Demonstrate Quality Assurance through internal and external review: In addition to ongoing self-assessment, every five years IQA will host a visit from a Quality Assurance Review Team to evaluate compliance with standards and assess the academy’s demonstrated commitment to school improvement and quality assurance.
- Engage in Continuous Improvement: IQA has established a School Improvement Team to collect input and data about the academy, set improvement goals, implement strategies and assess results while maintaining alignment with the shared vision for the academy.
- Meet the seven AdvancED Standards for Quality Schools as follows:
- Vision and Purpose: The school establishes and communicates a shared purpose and direction for improving the performance of students and the effectiveness of the school.
- Governance and Leadership: The school provides governance and leadership that promote student performance and school effectiveness.
- Teaching and Learning: The school provides research-based curriculum and instructional methods that facilitate achievement for all students.
- Documenting and Using Results: The school enacts a comprehensive assessment system that monitors and documents performance and uses these results to improve student performance and school effectiveness.
- Resources and Support Systems: The school has the resources and services necessary to support its vision and purpose and to ensure achievement for all students.
- Stakeholder Communication and Relationships: The school fosters effective communications and relationships with and among its stakeholders.
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement: The school establishes, implements, and monitors a continuous process of improvement that focuses on student performance.
Among the many benefits of accreditation, this mark of quality assures that all credits earned by students at IQA are fully recognized and transferrable to other schools and that IQA has access to any associations, competitions, scholarships, post-secondary education, corporate gift-matching, and any other programs that require accreditation.